UPI programs allow users to add multiple bank accounts within the same app, so you can manage your money in multiple bank accounts. This feature is applicable to UPI users who have multiple bank accounts. But sometimes you need to delete a bank account added to the UPI for various reasons. In that case, you can do it with the option provided in the app. In this guide, we will see how to remove a bank account from UPI applications such as Phone, Google Pay, Paytm, Freecharge, etc. Content
Why you need to delete a bank account in UPI applications
Due to the increase in UPI fraud, you may want to delete your primary account from UPI applications.
You no longer want to use the UPI on your one bank account.[Recommended:How to Delete A Bank Account In UPI Applications
How to delete a bank account in UPI applications
- We will see how to delete a bank account in some popular UPI programs – PhonePe, BHIM UPI, Google Pay, Paytm, Freecharge.
How to delete a bank account from PhonePe
- Open the phone and select the My Money option from the menu below.
- Then tap the bank account option from the new screen.
- Now, you can see the list of bank accounts you have added to the mobile app.
- You can now tap the Delete icon next to the bank account you want to delete. How to delete a bank account from a phone
- Confirm the option by tapping “UNLINK” to delete the account from the PhonePe app.
How to delete a bank account from Google Pay App
- Open the Gray App and sign in with a PIN.
- Now, tap your profile icon and select the bank account you want to delete.
- Now, tap the three-dot menu in the top right corner and select the “Delete Account” option. How to Get Remove a bank account in google pay
- Be sure to delete the bank account from google pay.
How to delete a bank account from PayTM
- Open the Paytm app and sign in with a pin/password.
- Open the left swipe menu and select the settings option.
- From the menu, select Payment Settings and select the Saved Payment Details option.
- Now, select the bank account you want to delete from Paytm.
How do you remove the bank account from Paytm?
- Then select the Clear Bank option on the new screen.
- Tap OK to confirm.
How to Get Remove a bank account from Freecharge
- Open the Freecharge app on your phone and sign in with a pin/password (if available).
- Tap Account Account from the menu below.
- Select BHIM UPI settings and select the UPI option linked to bank accounts.
- Now, you can see the list of bank accounts added to the renewal application.
- Here, tap the three dots menu and select the Delete Bank account option.
- Then select the account you want to delete and tap Delete Bank account below.
- How to delete a bank account for free
- Tap the CONFIRM button to confirm deleting the bank account from free.